I love games with an inner kind of expansion, experimental goofiness and insistent poetry. Pictures too. Heavily biased on intuition games, collaborative narratives, solo-plays that don't need too many sessions.
The literal person to blame for all this is https://temporalhiccup.itch.io/ . And actually a lot of wonderful people on twitter, I am literally impressed all the time. I discover so much of the world through your playfulness.
1) making a game that YELLS at you which is I EAT MANTRAS FOR BREAKFAST
2) Got a lyric game displayed in an art gallery (it's like a ritual novena that kins a novena but isn't it's about trimming/cleansing your family tree - we're like that here just saying)
3) Arch Angel Dating Simulator (which is a quick solo-duo story game that's prompted by tarot cards to kiss kiss some angels
1) Tower of Heaven is my supernatural sweet Wretched and Alone hack, you're an ex-angel trying to heist heaven
2) How to have a Fever is based on What's So Cool About ( ) Engine and runs you thru Sense8, multiple lives and stuck in a coma dream prompts
3) Rich Kid Problem$ is my PBTA you're rich kids of instagram who are havin guilt-capitalismprivelage punches n are working thru it
1) Matras for Breakfast, but also Hundred Thousand Places. That one also has a super meditative audio and is a long ass fever dream of places you've been and them wanting to say things to you.
2) How to make your games healing which is exactly what it says on the tin.
3) Words to send to younger you is a crowdsourced inner child healing deck with prompts where you keep saying things you should've heard when you were younger
1) Exactly: past is gonna fite you is You, a player, fighting w a literal receipt of your past
2) This is not your room, is you creating a world, by making your room not your room
3) A game for those who left you is a dare that no one has taken up yet, and is a mini-game you put on top of your other games about names and leaving and embodying and if you're intrigued go to that
1) Yea: Dance with me is a breakdown of street styles as playbooks
2) Where the pain hides in the body is a coloring book for (traumatized) adults to say stories with the things in their wake
3) Forgetting Your Touch is a really edgy game about where lovers touched you and the feeling of no and proximity and jazz like that
1) I have a Sandman Lasers and Feelings hack called Endless Tales of Endless Beings
2) Titas of Manila is my tagalog game of aunties doing aunty stuff, growin old, being in love
3) Hintayan/Ang Waiting Room is ghosts in limbo who don't wanna pass and them coming to terms of breaking in and out of heaven/deserving/forgiving themselves. It's based off of an award winning play and thinks about death which i like (SEE: here lie death gods)
JUST SCROLL THRU MY STUFF FOR MORE
If you wanna save money and just get everything, forever, well then hop on over here:
I love receiving comments/chat/podcast/let's plays. HMU twitter @mariamison
PS: People also say I'm a badass at layout and I won't argue with them
MOST OF MY GAMES HAVE COMMUNITY COPIES. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PLAY/READ MY GAMES AND CAN'T AFFORD THEM JUST DM ME, NO QUESTIONS ASKED I'LL SEND THEM TO YA.
That's it! <3 Maria